DIS NEXT CHAPTER BOOK CLUB
What is the DIS Next Chapter Book Club?
- Adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities reading and learning, making friends, and enjoying a fun community gathering place.
How does it work?
- Members meet weekly for one hour at local bookstores, coffee shops and cafes to read and discuss a book of their choosing.
Who can participate?
- Anyone ages 14-23 can participate, no matter their reading or ability level.
Who leads the book clubs?
- Trained volunteers facilitate each group. They include students, parents, retirees, people with disabilities, and various community members.
Why join the Next Chapter Book Club?
- NCBC members improve literacy skills, make friends, take part in the community, and have a lot of fun doing it!
To sign up as a member of a DIS NCBC, click here.
If you have any questions, or want more information about the DIS NCBC, email us.